Wine Tasting with Château de Pommard
Date: 31 Oct 2020, 4:00pm - 6:00pm GMT-6 Central Time (US & Canada)
Vous êtes invités à une dégustation de vin avec Château de Pommard, organisée par l'Alliance Française et la Chambre de Commerce Franco-Américaine à la Maison Degas!
You are invited to a wine tasting with Château de Pommard, organized by the Alliance Française and the French-American Chamber of Commerce at Degas House!
During this event, we will be tasting and studying six wines, listed below. Light appetizers will be served to accompany the wines. Discounts available for members of the Alliance Française New Orleans and the French-American Chamber of Commerce. The event will take place in the courtyard of the historic Degas House. All participants are required to wear a face covering upon arrival, and until they are seated. Due to social distancing regulations, space is limited.
Wines being tasted:
• Famille Carabello-Baum St. Aubin 2017
• Famille Carabello-Baum Meursault 2017
• Famille Carabello-Baum Chassagne Montrachet 1er Cru 2015
• Famille Carabello-Baum Maranges Premier Cru "Les Loyères" 2017
• Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge 2015
• Château de Pommard Clos Marey-Monge 2008
ABOUT CHÂTEAU DE POMMARD:
Founded in 1726 by Vivant Micault, secretary to King Louis XV, Château de Pommard remains one of the most iconic and visited wine estates in Burgundy. Clos Marey-Monge, at the heart of the domain, has been producing one of the greatest expressions of Pinot Noir for more than two millennia. The 20-hectare clay- and limestone-rich terroir makes it the largest and most interesting monopole vineyard in the Côte d’Or. In July 2015, UNESCO declared the Clos a world heritage protected climat of Burgundy. The Carabello-Baum family of San Francisco purchased the domain in 2014 and became just the fifth family to guide the estate in almost 300 years. The family has transformed the estate into the ultimate wine education destination where anyone can experience the phenomenon that is Burgundy.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
For the very first time in Louisiana, Château de Pommard Wine Advisor Cedar Stoltenow will take you on a journey to discover the Burgundy
experience. Compare the multiple expressions of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and travel across the region’s rich maze of villages and terroirs
while tasting a selection of 6 of our wines brought directly from the vineyard. The wines are NOT available in any restaurants or retail
outlets within the United States, and you will have an opportunity to place wine orders for these exclusive wines at the event.
During this unique experience, you will:
● Understand how Burgundy’s 2000 years of winemaking history shaped them region
● Learn about the Burgundy Climats and wine classifications
● Learn how Pommard's American owner saved this 300 year old estate from extinction
● Understand how natural factors and winemakers influence wine style
● Learn about biodynamic agriculture compared to conventional agricultural