Learn French to immigrate to québec!
Through a partnership between the Alliance Française de La Nouvelle-Orléans and the government of Québec, students wishing to immigrate to Québec can now be reimbursed for French classes taken prior to immigrating.
For specific information about how to immigrate to Québec, visit the Official
Website of the Gouvernement du Québec.
Step 1: Take a French course a partner language school
Before arriving in Québec, you can learn French in your country by registering for courses in a language school that is a partner of the Gouvernement du Québec. The Alliance Française de La Nouvelle-Orléans is now an official partner language school of the Government of Québec, and our French courses are eligible for this program.
These courses are for you if:
• You want to immigrate to Québec and increase your points for knowledge of French
• You want to learn French before arriving in Québec. You can receive up to $1,800 in reimbursement for the fees you paid to take French courses abroad, under certain conditions.
Step 2: Obtaining Reimbursement for French Courses Taken Abroad
The Gouvernement du Québec may reimburse the cost of the French courses taken at the Alliance Française de La Nouvelle-Orléans, under certain conditions. You must prepare your application for reimbursement in your country of origin, but you will file it officially when you live in Québec.You must pay for your French courses yourself when you enroll; you will apply for reimbursement once you live in Québec.
Conditions for obtaining reimbursement
You can apply for reimbursement for more than 1 course. To be reimbursed, you must meet all of the following conditions for each course:
- You took your French course in a language school that is a partner of the Gouvernement du Québec.
- You finished the entire course.
- You started your course during the 2 years prior to obtaining your Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ) or your Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ), or between the time you obtained your CSQ or your CAQ and your arrival in Québec.
- You were at least 16 years old at the start of your course.
- You currently live in Québec.
How to apply for reimbursement
Apply in 2 stages: first in your country of origin and then when you live in Québec.
In your country of origin
- Download the form Demande de remboursement des frais de cours de français suivis à l’étranger [Application for reimbursement of the cost of French courses taken abroad] (in French only) and print it.
Contact a member of the staff from the Alliance Française de La Nouvelle-Orléans to:
- complete sections 2, 3 and 4 of the reimbursement form
- sign the form and affix the AFNO seal
provide, for each of the French courses you have taken:
- certificate of studies proving you have taken the entire course
- receipt proving you have paid the course fees
- Keep the form completed by the AFNO. You will need to send this copy to obtain your reimbursement once you live in Québec.
Once you live in Québec:
- Complete section 1 of the form
- Attach the documents requested in the form.
For more up-to-date information, please visit the Government of Québec website
Design by Monsieur Graphic. Powerd by Oncord